Orthodontics – Palm Bay, FL
Achieve a Beautiful, Healthy, & Straightened Smile
Have you ever been told that you would benefit from orthodontic treatment? At Beautiful You Dental, we help adults, teens, and children correct their crooked teeth and achieve a beautiful, healthy, and straightened smile. We offer completely custom-made treatment plans for both traditional braces and ClearCorrect orthodontics in our Palm Bay, FL dental office to address your whole family’s orthodontic needs. Read on to learn more about orthodontics in Palm Bay, FL below and contact Dr. Christopher Nowacki to schedule your complimentary consultation!
Why Choose Beautiful You Dental For Orthodontics?
- #1 Personalized Treatments for Smiles of All Ages
- #2 Experienced & Friendly Dental Team
- #3 State-of-the-Art Dental Office & Care
Benefits of Orthodontics
Correcting crooked teeth is about more than just achieving a pretty smile. There are a wide range of benefits that come with straightening your pearly whites, including:
- Healthier teeth and gums: Straightened teeth are easier to keep clean since there are fewer places particles to hide. Less plaque, bacteria, and food debris in your mouth reduces your risk of developing issues like cavities and gum disease.
- Reduce wear and tear on teeth: Misaligned teeth and an uneven bite put excess pressure on teeth, which causes them to weaken, wear down, or even break.
- Correct misaligned bite: Orthodontic treatment helps correct bite issues, which improves their ability to chew and function properly.
- Prevent or ease TMJ problems: Crooked teeth and bite complications can cause the jaw joints to become sore and stiff. Straightening your smile can help prevent or even ease TMJ problems.
- Improve your mood and confidence: When you’re proud of how great your smile looks, you’ll naturally start to show it off more! Studies show that smiling fosters feelings of relaxation, confidence, and happiness.
Am I a Candidate for Orthodontics?
If Dr. Nowacki notices any alignment problems during one of your routine dental appointments, he’ll let you know right away! While many people think that orthodontic treatment is only for teenagers, we offer solutions for children and adults as well. Typically, anyone who wants a straighter smile is a great candidate for orthodontics. During your complimentary consultation, Dr. Nowacki will carefully inspect your teeth, review your medical history, and discuss your goals. Together, you’ll decide what the right choice is for you and your unique smile.
Traditional braces in Palm Bay are a reliable way to produce effective results. They utilize precisely bent wires that are held onto the teeth with several brackets. Over time, they apply gentle and consistent pressure that straightens them and corrects bite issues. They’re an excellent choice for those with more pronounced bite problems or complicated orthodontic needs. We try to complete orthodontic work within six months or less for adult cases. However, since treatment plans are tailored to each patient, some individuals may require more time. We’ll be happy to discuss the details of your unique orthodontic process with you during your consultation.
Many adults that want straighter teeth shy away from orthodontic treatment because they don’t like the appearance of traditional braces. ClearCorrect in Palm Bay can produce the same results without the metal wires and brackets! They’re made of durable, clear plastic that’s virtually invisible when worn, meaning that you’ll be improving your smile with no one being the wiser! This system uses a series of customized, clear plastic aligners. Each one is worn for 22 hours a day, giving you time to take them out while eating, playing sports, brushing, and flossing. Then, after two weeks or so, you’ll move on to the next set of aligners. Periodically, you’ll return to our dental office so that your progress can be monitored by our friendly dental team. We want to make sure that you’re responding to the system as expected.
Please call us today if you’d like to schedule your free consultation for traditional braces or ClearCorrect. Dr. Nowacki is happy to see patients from Melbourne, Sebastian, Vero Beach, and the surrounding Florida cities at their Palm Bay dental office.
Orthodontics Frequently Asked Questions
Before beginning a time consuming, costly orthodontic treatment plan, we know you’ll have plenty of questions. The Beautiful You Dental team is always happy to help. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions during your orthodontic consultation with Christopher Nowacki, DMD and his caring Palm Bay dentistry team. If you think of something before or after your visit, you are welcome to give our knowledgeable dental team a call. We’re here to help whenever patients need us most. On this page, you can also find the answers to many of the orthodontics questions we hear most often. Dr. Nowacki and his team look forward to helping you get a healthy, beautiful, perfectly aligned smile.
HOW DO BRACES WORK?
Traditional braces use brackets and wires to shift teeth into proper alignment. The brackets are attached to the fronts of teeth. Wires run through the brackets, and they are adjusted to place pressure to move teeth into the ideal position.
DO BRACES HAVE TO BE MADE FROM METAL?
Not at all. Traditional braces are available in a variety of metals, ceramics, and plastics. We can create clear and tooth-colored braces that blend flawlessly into your natural smile line. In addition to creating a subtler appearance, ceramic braces are also a better option for patients who have metal allergies or sensitivities.
SHOULD I CONSIDER CLEARCORRECT BRACES?
We always encourage our patients to take the time to consider their treatment options before beginning any dentistry plan. Some reasons patients choose to move forward with ClearCorrect alignment tray treatment include:
- Being too busy for the frequent orthodontist visits necessary for traditional bracket and wire braces.
- Having an allergy or sensitivity to metal that make traditional braces unsafe.
- Wanting to straighten teeth without adversely affecting the appearance of your smile.
- Struggling to brush and floss effectively, which can be even more difficult for patients with braces.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CLEARCORRECT ORTHODONTICS?
Some of the many benefits associated with ClearCorrect orthodontics include:
- Increased comfort without brackets and wires to irritate soft tissue.
- Improved safety for patients with allergies or sensitivities to metal.
- Shortened treatment time compared with other types of braces.
- Minimized hassle with removable orthodontic aligners, so you can eat the same diet and brush and floss as usual.
DO I HAVE TO STRAIGHTEN MY TEETH?
You don’t have to complete any dental services, but there are many benefits to straightening your teeth, including:
- Improved oral health – patients with straighter teeth are less likely to experience tooth chips and cracks due to uneven pressure on the bit. They are also easier to clean, meaning patients’ risks for any other oral health concerns decreases.
- Look & feel great – patients with straighter smiles also look great, and they have increased confidence when sharing their smiles in personal and professional situations.
- Better function – properly aligned smiles function effortlessly, so patients don’t have to worry about damaging their teeth, straining their jaw joints, or any other issues that can occur due to improperly aligned teeth.
AM I TOO OLD TO STRAIGHTEN MY SMILE?
Never. Our team is happy to help patients of all ages achieve a flawless, perfectly aligned smile no matter what their age. Please don’t hesitate to ask us about our orthodontic options.
WILL ORTHODONTIC CARE HELP MY TMJ DYSFUNCTION?
It might. For many patients, a malpositioned bite places excessive pressure on the small TMJ that connect the jaw to the skull bone. This leads to painful or impeded movement, making smiling, speaking, or chewing difficult. By correcting the alignment of the bite, excessive pressure is removed from the TMJ, and you can fully restore healthy, pain free jaw movement.